There are different audio microphone in the market, and we are normally will be confuse for how to connect it to the camera. This article is for how to connect the audio microphone to the camera.
(One) Common audio microphone in the market and their adapter:
Common Audio microphone in the market:
Camera with audio in as photo:
Instruction of the camera connector:
1. RJ45 connector is a plug-in network crystal head.
Used to transmit audio and video network signals captured by the camera;
2. DC12V connector, is the camera power input interface (5.5mm (mother) interface), can be connected to 12v power supply;
When the RJ45 connector is connected to the switch (standard POE or SPOE), the pickup or other 12v weak device can be used as the power supply interface;
3. pickup audio connector, is a common audio and video lotus connector (female), used to connect the audio analog signal recorded by the pickup.
(Two) Power Method for the Audio Microphone:
1. Camera, Audio microphone power independently:
- Connect the camera and pickup separately with two 12V power supplies;
- Connect the signal lines of the camera and pickup with a lotus adapter.
2. Three-way shared power supply:
Self-made connector pickups and self-contained connector pickups (power supply by 1to2 shared power supply)
1) Connect the camera RJ45 connector to the switch/router network port with a network cable;
2) Manually make the microphone connector (male) of the audio signal of the pickup, and then connect it to the lotus head of the camera tail line (this step is not required for the self-connecting type pickup);
3) For the power supply, use a 1to2 (one mother and two male) tap power cables to connect the power supply to the power interface of the camera and the pickup, and realize the 12V DC power supply to the camera and the pickup at the same time.
In that case, the pickup power cord is connected to the DC power supply base (similar to the camera tail DC base).
3. SPOE switch power supply：
Self-made connector pickups and self-contained connector pickups (SPOE switch power supply)
1) Connect the RJ45 connector of the camera to the power supply network port of the SPOE power supply switch with the network cable; – manually make the power connector (male) of the pickup and plug it into the DC12V female socket of the camera tail wire (using the DC output of the camera tail wire to supply power to the pickup);
2) Manually make the lotus signal connector (male) of the audio signal of the pickup, and then connect it to the lotus head of the camera tail line (this step is not required for the self-connecting type pickup);
3) Power supply: Connect the pickup power supply base to the DC tail of the camera tail with a connector (use the camera tail DC output to supply power to the pickup).